Welcome to Our Resource Center
Dogs & Puppies
Cat's & Kittens
Safety & Preventative Care
Grief & Loss
Owning a dog or puppy can be overwhelming! Here are some valuable resources designed to help support you through puppyhood, adulthood, adoption and beyond. These handouts, videos and links contain important information on how best to prepare for and take care of your new family addition. And if you know anyone who is considering adopting a dog or puppy, please pass this resource center on to them!
Bringing a new pet into your life can be both exciting and stressful. We’re here to help! Our resource center contains valuable resources designed to help support you through kittenhood, adulthood, adoption and beyond. These handouts, videos and links contain important information on how best to prepare for and take care of your new family addition. And if you know anyone who is considering adopting a cat or kitten, please pass this resource center on to them!
Protecting your pet is our top priority! Explore the resources below to learn more about dangers to avoid, as well as important preventative measures to help ensure your pet lives a happy, healthy life.
While saying goodbye to your best friend may be one of the hardest things you will ever have to do, it’s still important to remember all the good times and joy you’ve brought to each other’s lives. We are so sorry for your loss, and h hope these resources will provide some support as you navigate the grieving process.
- The Tenth Good Thing About Barney by Judith Viorst
- Lifetimes by Brian Mellonie
- When a Pet Dies by Fred Rogers
- I’ll Always Love You by Hans Wilhelm
- Badger’s Parting Gifts by Susan Varley
- Dog Heaven by Cynthia Rylant
- Tear Soup by Pat Schwiebert and Chuck DeKlyen
- Pet loss for children of all ages Excellent resources for handouts, articles, and memorial products
- Links for additional Books
- Tufts University Hotline 508-839-7966
- Cornell University Hotline 607-253-3932
- Seattle Animal Shelter Pet Loss Support - firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Ohio State University's "Honoring the Bond Program" - vet.osu.edu/vmc/companion/our-services/honoring-bond-p[rogram-support-pet-owners
- Association for Pet Loss and Bereavement - aplb.org